This ski season, like the previous one, Iva Nikolić completed with many great results. Due to bad conditions, many races were cancelled at the beginning of the season, which made all of Iva's successes even more valuable.
Before Iva started achieving this season's successes, it is important to note that towards the end of 2022, at the Majdan Hotel, at the ceremony of the Ski Association of Serbia, she was awarded the Cup for first place at the Alpine Ski World Cup 2021/2022 in the individual ranking for female cadets. This was a great introduction to all the great successes that the new season brought her.
Iva represented Serbia at two major world competitions in alpine skiing
This season was of great importance for Iva, considering that she represented Serbia at two major world competitions in alpine skiing:
- FIS Alpine Junior World Ski Championship, St. Anton, Austria, where Iva won 14th place in the team category "Team parallel" as part of the junior national team of 4 members, which is the first historical appearance of Serbia in that discipline.
- FIS Alpine World Ski Championship in France, Courchevel Meribel 2023, where Iva performed as the only female representative of Serbia with the best skiers in the world. As a 17-year-old girl, she got the opportunity to represent her country and gave an interview for Swiss television. Watch the video HERE.
Iva's successes this ski season
- First place in the giant slalom at the FIS Balkan Cup in Kopaonik;
- First place in slalom and second place in giant slalom at the FIS Cup in Ilidža (Bjelašnica);
- First place in slalom and third place in giant slalom at the Kolašin National Cup;
- Second place in slalom and third place in giant slalom at the National Junior Competition
Iva continues to train hard for the upcoming races and the Serbian national championship.
I proudly represented our small country on the world stage
All the races I participated in were great experiences for me. I gained the most significant experience at the World Junior Championship and World Championship. These two difficult competitions were of the greatest importance this season because I knew that I would proudly represent our small country on the world stage and that, regardless of the result, I would leave a mark of my hard work and effort. Apart from these unforgettable competitions, the remaining races in which I participated were held throughout the Balkans – Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, etc. With much weaker competition and tracks compared to the World Championships, it was not difficult for me to achieve good results. The experiences that skiing brought me in the biggest and most difficult competitions made it psychologically easier for me to compete in less difficult races, in which I also performed well, said Iva Nikolić, a student of Savremena Gimnazija.
We congratulate Iva on her success and wish her the best of luck in the upcoming competitions! Savremena is proud of Iva and all her successes, which, we are sure, she will continue achieving in the coming period.