IB diploma and certificates
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) is an international programme highly valued among the leading world universities and designed for students aged 16 to 19. For that reason, students who attend this programme have greater chances of enrolling in the world’s best universities than those who didn’t.
This programme is also held in high regard by the largest companies in the world, because it is based on a comprehensive and well-balanced curriculum, and thus prepares students for their future careers in the best possible way.
The IB Diploma programme allows students to:
- acquire considerable quality and breadth of knowledge;
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally, and ethically;
- learn at least two languages;
- achieve outstanding progress in traditional subjects;
- independently explore the nature of knowledge through the unique IBDP theory of knowledge.
IB diploma among the most recognised in the world
Students who successfully complete the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme will obtain a prestigious international diploma – The Diploma of the International Baccalaureate (IB Diploma), which allows them to apply to the best universities around the world.
In addition to the diploma, students will also receive the Diploma Programme (DP) Results certificate which contains data on the total number of points, grades from each subject/course, confirmation of completion of all CAS requirements, as well as points and individual grades awarded for the combination of Theory of knowledge and Extended essay.
Prestigious IB certificates for individual subjects/courses
In addition to the IB Diploma, students who attended the IB Diploma programme can also obtain the DP Course Results certificate (Diploma Programme Course Results), which represents a combination of successfully completed individual subjects/courses, and the results achieved in Theory of knowledge and Extended essay, including the confirmation of completion of all CAS requirements.
How can universities verify an IB Diploma?
An IB diploma is highly regarded by numerous universities, including some of the best-ranked universities in the world. This is confirmed by the fact that students of the IB Diploma programme apply to more than 3,300 higher education institutions from over 90 countries every year.
Higher education institutions around the world recognise students who have obtained an IB Diploma, and many even offer special privileges for IB Diploma students.
- recruitment of IB Diploma students – certain renowned higher education institutions are looking exclusively for students who have completed the IB Diploma programme;
- facilitated application and admission – certain universities fully recognise the IB Diploma during application, which makes things significantly easier for future students;
- proof of English language proficiency – for many universities around the world, the fact that students attended the IB Diploma programme in English is a confirmation of the students’ proficiency in English;
- special bursaries for IB students – some universities grant special bursaries for students who completed the IB Diploma programme;
- recognition of special merits of IB students – the recognition of the IB Diploma programme is perhaps best illustrated by the fact that many universities acknowledge special merits and talents of students who have successfully completed the appropriate IB Diploma courses/subjects.
How are IB Diploma students ranked with regard to other students?
Academic content acquired in the IB Diploma programme meets the widely accepted college readiness standards, which is why IB students are at an advantage when applying to their desired universities.
This is confirmed by research:
- students who completed the IB Diploma programme are twice as likely to be admitted to one of the top 20 universities in the world than an average A-level student;
- students from minority groups, or those who come from financially disadvantaged background are more likely to enroll in universities than students from the same groups who did not attend the IB Diploma programme;
- students who attended the IB Diploma programme have less difficulty getting used to university duties’;
- University and college professors in the USA, EU and Australia who are responsible for admission are well-acquainted with the IB Diploma programme, and hold it in high regard;
- the best universities in the USA grant bursaries or privileged status for students who achieved outstanding results in the IB Diploma programme.
What makes the IB Diploma programme the right choice for your child?
Apart from the fact that it is recognised by the world’s best universities and most desirable employers, international research also shows that the IB Diploma programme brings a number of benefits to students:
- students who complete the IB Diploma programme are better at multitasking and balancing between different obligations, time management, and meeting expectations;
- IB Diploma programme improves student approach to learning at university/college level, which is why their transition from secondary school to higher education is smooth and easy;
- students from the IB Diploma programme can be found in some of the top 500 universities in the world.